Piopolis Village- Coeur villageois
You will find the village of Piopolis in an enchanting setting, between mountain and lake and you won't be disappointed. Founded in 1871, it has something for everyone, residents or visitors ! While driving through the Summit road, stop by the Halte des Zouaves where you'll be able to learn a little more about the interesting facts about the picturesque village. Nature lovers will also be excited to be right next to one of the biggest marshland in Quebec and the municipal campground. The beach is also accessible to anyone as well as the walking and hiking trails and many tourism businesses. If you're more of a culture geek, you will glad to hear that concerts take place in the beautiful Saint-Zénon's church !
Did you know Piopolis meant " the city of the pope" ? In 1871, 14 Canadian zouaves visited their newly acquired lots in the region so the could establish a new city. In the early days, the village was called South Marston to finally be renamed Piopolis. The village has since evolve around timber industry and agriculture but its impressive and charming landscapes have always delighted the visitors and residents.
- Tourism information desk at the Halte des Zouaves
- Antiques, local produce gift and souvenirs shop at L'Est'Passe-Temps
- Beach, swim or camp at the municipal campground
- Enjoy a bite or a good night sleep at l'Auberge au Soleil Levant
- Rent a cottage Chez Tintin et Molie, Chalet Amabilis, Chalet du Marais, Le Pierre-Jean-Jacques, Chalet Chouinard, Chalet l'Enchanteur and Chalet 2.
- Rent a room at the B&B Côté Lac et La Baie de L'Ermite
- Guided kayak or canoe tour with Solstice plein air
- Horseback riding at the ranch Centre équestre Le Vent du Sud
- Hiking or walking trails with the Scotch Cap and Sentiers du Clocher
- Historical tour of PiopolisLe Comité de développement de Piopolis est au coeur du développement touristique de Piopolis.